Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Sunday School, TRIA



With the 50 degree weather feeling unbelievably good after the last few days of frigid winter coldness. Miss HAtT and I found ourselves walking the streets of Rittenhouse hoping to cash in on all the CRAZY sales everyone on the news keeps talking about. Instead of making out like bandits on cheap but fashionable clothes, we only managed to tucker ourselves out and fortunately remembered that it was Sunday. Now, I have to admit, up until I realized the goodness of Sunday School at TRIA, I used to think that there was just something about Sundays that made one feel like killing oneself. However, now that you can get booze and cheese at half off, Sunday has now become less of a depressing day for me.

Miss HAtT was feeling more than a bit peckish and ordered herself the grilled asparagus salad and I decided, "what the hey" and got the acorn squash goat cheese plate. It was roasted acorn squash that tasted more like pumpkin topped with a mild goat cheese that was sprinkled with walnuts. I don't have a picture of the squash as that was super yummy and we devoured it before I remembered to have it photographed. The asparagus salad came later so we weren't as famished and I managed to get a shot before we also inhaled it. The salad although tasty was a bit over dressed. I'm a bit of purist with my veggies and hate it when salads are dripping in dressing.




The next time you're out and about in Center City you should check out TRIA if you like trying new wines, beers and cheeses but don't like to pay full price. It's a great way to broaden your booze and cheese repetoire. They even post their Sunday School offerings on their website. There currently are two TRIA's. One at 18th and Samson and one located at 12th and Spruce.

No comments: